Demo: Context and Content to Ensure the Success of Your Integration Initiatives with webMethods
DescriptionTitle: Context and Content to Ensure the Success of Your Integration Initiatives with webMethods and Alfabet
Recorded: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Your company’s digital business initiatives rely heavily on effective systems, data and application integration. But the rapid pace of solution delivery demanded by the business often leads to a multitude of ungoverned development projects that risk the danger of failure due to disregard of the related IT environment or of being irrelevant as they are outside of the scope of the company’s business strategy. Using enterprise architecture (EA) and IT planning to inform your integration strategy can greatly increase the success of your integration projects.
Software AG’s Alfabet product for EA and IT planning and portfolio management, complements webMethods, offering the following benefits:
- A reliable inventory of applications, their integrations and their business purpose
- Integration roadmaps and strategies in a form that different stakeholders can understand
- Insight into application owners’ roadmaps to avoid wasting time and money on integrating to applications which are at the end of their life-cycle
- Assessment of the landscapes of acquired companies in Merger & Acquisition situations to be able to adjust integration initiatives accordingly
- IT portfolio management and governance to move IT spending from operating applications to investing in business change, i.e., integration projects
Join Software AG’s SVP of Alfabet Product Line Management and R&D, Dr. Ulrich Kalex, to discover how Alfabet complements webMethods to provide context, governance and critical information about the IT landscape to ensure integration success.